Coconut oil has many uses and one of those I recently used was in the making of lotion bars. Have you ever heard of lotion bars? Since I have very dry skin, I use a lot of lotion and I have found that coconut oil works wonders for dry skin. So I decided to experiment and before sharing with you I wanted to be certain that it worked.
I am happy to report that the lotion bars I made are wonderful! And the best part is that they make great gifts. So, just in time for the holidays here’s a great little gift you can create for loved ones, teachers and friends.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 1 cup of shea butter
- 1 cup of beeswax
- 40 drops of Essential Oils – I used Lavender and Eucalyptus
- Silicone muffin pan
- Mason jar or designated pot for this project
Here’s what you do:
- Add all your ingredients except for the essential oils into a mason jar or designated pot
- Place the mason jar in a pot of boiling water (skip this part if using a pot)
- Stir the contents either in jar or pot until completely melted
- Once melted remove from heat and add essential oils and stir
- Carefully fill the silicon forms
- Let the forms harden overnight (I placed mine in the refrigerator)
- Place the forms in decorative jar for gift giving or for yourself / keep in cool place
- Place the lotion bars in your hand. Your body temperature will melt enough for you to use on your entire body
There you go..easy as that. Enjoy!