Six months ago I went to the dentist and found out that I had six cavities. I could not believe it. It didn’t make sense because I eat a very clean, Paleo diet. I pinpointed some of the things that caused my cavities in this post that I wrote, “How I’m Healing My Cavities Without Dentistry.” This post has received a lot of attention and I’ve received many emails and messages about various things that I’m doing to heal my cavities. Well, good news…I went for a 6 month check-up at this dentist a few days ago to see how my cavities looked and to see if the remineralizing process was working…AND…I HAVE ZERO CAVITIES!!! I healed my teeth naturally with proper diet and nutrition and I did not have to pay a hefty dentist bill to have my teeth drilled and filled!
I mention in that post that I use a homemade toothpaste and because I have received so many emails about what that recipe is, I thought I would share my DIY Remineralizing Toothpaste recipe. I was having a hard time finding a toothpaste that did not have certain ingredients in them. When you are trying to remineralizing your teeth, you need to make sure you are not using a toothpaste with glycerin or xylitol in it. Glycerin coats your teeth and counteracts the remineralization process which one of the many reasons we don’t use xylitol. Our family avoids toothpaste with fluoride and preservatives, as well. This recipe is great for remineralizing your teeth if you are following the Cure Tooth Decay protocol and have some cavities you are trying to reverse but it’s, also, a wonderful recipe to use just to maintain optimal oral health for your day-to-day life.
DIY Remineralizing Toothpaste:
- 1/3 cup of Bentonite Clay (where to buy)- this comes from pure sources of undisturbed deposits in the ground. What is special about bentonite clay is that it draws toxins out of the body.
- 1/4 cup of boiling water
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut Oil (where to buy) – coconut oil is amazing for oral health. It is highly effective with getting rid of viruses and bacteria in the mouth
- 1/4 teaspoon of Real Salt (where to buy) – real salt is unrefined and full of natural minerals.
- 1/2 teaspoon of REAL stevia (where to buy)- this is the dry herb that is green and unprocessed in it’s natural form.
- 15 Drops of OnGuard (or Thieves) Essential oil (where to buy) – OnGuard essential oil is full of antibiotic properties and is known for killing germs (or cavities)!
- 10 Drops of Peppermint Essential oil (where to buy) – this gives the toothpaste a great flavor and helps to freshen breath
- Step One: Put your bentonite clay in a bowl. Heat the water on the stove and then stir in the coconut oil till it is melted.
- Step Two: With a hand mixer, mix on medium speed the bentonite clay and the water/oil mixture till blended through.
- Step Three: Add the salt, stevia, and essential oils and continue to blend until it is completely blended.
- Step Four: Keep in a covered jar!
- *The mixture will harden a little bit as it sits because of the coconut oil. This makes it easier to add a bit to your toothbrush when you brush.
For more information on healing your cavities naturally, check out Cure Tooth Decay!