Who’s ready for a cool refreshing end to a family picnic or summertime dinner party? This simple to make Refreshing Lemon Sherbet is a perfect ending, not too sweet, not too tangy and guaranteed to soon be a family favorite! Serve in classic sugar cones or make a lovey presentation in a martini glass. Either way, you’ll all be screaming for more!
You’ll need an ice-cream machine for this one, but whether you choose to hand crank or use an electric model, this is a perfect way to celebrate summer.
- 4 tsp finely grated lemon zest (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups half and half (don't substitute)
- ½ cup FRESH lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl
- Continue stirring until well blended
- Pour mixture into the freezer compartment of a 4 quart electric ice-cream maker
- Freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions (about 35 minutes)