Quick- think of an easy to make, satisfying, summer dish that takes just ten minutes to prepare, uses fresh, easy to get ingredients and can provide such things as calcium, niacin, vitamin A, and plenty of anti-oxidants to boot. Plus, it’s a real crowd favorite. Give up? It’s a classic- the tomato and mozzarella salad, and here’s one of the easiest recipes to make.
- Six medium to large tomatoes cut into wedges or 12-20 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 Cup of Fresh Basil
- 1 lbs fresh mozzarella patted dry
- 6 T of olive oil
- 8 t of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Cut tomatoes into manageable pieces and remove any blemishes if not already done. Cut the mozzarella into rough cubes, about ¼-1/2 inch in size. Place in a large bowl.
- Add basil leaves, tearing the larger ones as needed, and drizzle with the olive oil and vinegar. Set a few leaves aside.
- Gently fold ingredients together until well mixed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and chill in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Top with a few fresh basil leaves and serve!
That’s it! How easy was that? Give it a try and let me know what you think!